This is the best homemade coleslaw recipe ever! This tastes just like the cole slaw served at popular fried chicken or fish restaurants.
- 1 head white cabbage finely shredded
- 1 large carrot finely shredded
- 1 large onion finely shredded
- 3/4 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the shredded cabbage, onion and carrots in a large bowl.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, powdered sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture.
Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.